Job Coach - Direct Support Professional
Federal Building - PT 4205
Hours: Monday, Wednesday, Friday 5pm-9pm
Provides on the job training as part of the community contracting program at Aspire, Inc. May also provide job development, vocational assessments and other employment related services. Works closely with contract staff and community employers to ensure employment goals are met. Helps crew members with transportation needs.
Essential Functions and Competencies:
- In conjunction with other members of the service team, determines specific goals and objectives for individuals served, and the methods by which these goals and objectives can be accomplished.
Assures work records/time sheets for individuals served at contract sites are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
- In the absence of the contract supervisor, responds to any contract concerns/customer complaints in an appropriate manner.
- Assists with time studies, prevailing wage surveys, and other applicable Wage and Hour Guidelines as deemed necessary by the Employment Supervisor
- Must prioritize, organize, meet timelines and be detailed oriented.
- Must make important decisions and exercise discretion and judgement.
- Communicates effectively both orally and written.
- Must be tactful, pleasant, and utilize a friendly approach when dealing with others
- Attends and responds to emergency situations when they arise.
- Implements and documents programs and supports as specified by individual service teams.
- Assesses and recommends changes in programs and services as needed.
- Ensures work tasks are completed in a timely manner and a manner that meets all quality requirements.
- Assists in overseeing/monitoring breaks.
- Advocates for individuals served. Ensures individuals choices and preference are elicited and respected.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s responsibilities and essential functions require the following physical demands: sitting, standing, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling (i.e. wheelchairs, transfers, moving groceries/supplies, etc); some climbing and balancing (i.e. stairs, assisting people walking with gait belts, etc), some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age(18 for some positions)
- Experience providing daily supports to people is preferred
- Basic fluency in oral and written English.
- Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
- Must be able to successfully complete agency driver’s training course.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to employment. Employees are subject to testing per Aspire, Inc.’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Employees must successfully complete all required agency training.