Direct Support Professional
Production - FT 421
Hours: Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm (may vary as needed)
Assists in ensuring production contracts are carried out to customer’s satisfaction. Schedules production priorities to meet customer’s deadlines. Assists in attending to the development and well being of adults with developmental disabilities in a vocational setting.
Essential Functions and Competencies:
- Assists in ensuring production items are completed in a timely manner and a manner that meets all quality requirements and quotas.
Assists with physical inventory revies of production materials as requested by supliers.
Assists with the preparation of time studies for bidding contact work, developing norms, and establishing prevailing wages.
IN the absence of the Production Supervisor, serves as a contact person for businesses contracting production with work Aspire, Inc.
records daily production of individuals served by the agency.
completes, obtains, disseminates, updates and files all applicable forms/reports and billing information, and other documents related to shipping/receiving.
Covers contract work outside of the agency as needed.
Intervenes with immediate medical, behavioral, or emergency situations. This may include agency approved physical intervention techniques.
Advocates for individuals served. Ensures individual choices and preferences are elicited and respected.
Must prioritize, organize, meet timelines and be detail oriented.
Communicates effectively both orally and written.
Must be tactful, pleasant, and utilize a friendly approach when dealing with others.
Drive a delivery truck to pick up materials and deliver finished products completed on the contract.
Assists with transporting individuals served and picking up/delivering items and supplies when needed.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s responsibilities and essential functions require the following physical demands:
- Standing (for extended periods of time)
- Lifting and/or carrying up to 50 pounds (may exceed 50 pounds during medical and safety emergency situation).
- Routinely works in a variety of settings inside or outside the home/workplace and throughout the community.
- Pushing, and/or pulling (i.e. wheelchairs, moving groceries/supplies, etc)
- Assist or transfer people served to and from their wheelchairs, beds, commodes, on to floor mats, bean bag chairs, on and off of a van, etc.
- Transfers and/or re-positioning people who are not able to move on their own, in a sitting or lying position.
- Some climbing and balancing (i.e. stairs, assisting people walking with gait belts, etc),
- Some bending, twisting, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- May be exposed to infectious diseases, odors, dust, etc. throughout the day.
- Minimum of High School diploma or GED
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must be able to operate delivery truck.
- Experience operating a forklift and/or ability to pass agency forklift training course.
- Experience providing daily supports to people is preferred
- Basic fluency in oral and written English.
- Pass a qualifying criminal background check which includes motor vehicle reports.
- Licenses/Required Testing:
- A valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability is required upon hire. Must have a safe driving record and be insurable under our insurance. Employee must be able to successfully complete agency driver’s training course.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to employment. Employees are subject to testing per Aspire, Inc.’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Employees must successfully complete all required agency training.