Assistant Community Living Supervisor
1124 - FT 6102
Hours: Monday-Friday 2pm-10pm
The Assistant Community Living Supervisor position is responsible for administering agency policies, programs and practices, which includes planning, organizing, developing, implementing, coordination, and directing supports provided by employees in the residential environment. The Assistant Community Living Supervisor may perform the duties of the Community Living Supervisor in their absence.
Essential Functions and Competencies:
- Coaches and directs employees by demonstrating and teaching the skills needed to perform required tasks
- Provides direct support to people with disabilities as dictated by the service plan and role models such supports to staff
- Coordinates personnel management as needed
- Exhibits a customer service orientation
- Utilizes needed resources and staffing levels to meet expectations
- Focuses on quality continuously in the performance of daily activities
- Responsible for equipment and supply requisition and maintains inventory as required.
- Responsible for food purchasing; including fiscal responsibility/management.
- Is safety-conscious at all times
- Intervenes with immediate medical, behavior or emergency situations. This may include agency approved physical intervention techniques, CPR, First Aid, etc.
- Ensures fiscal responsibility and management
- Demonstrates leadership through stewardship, ethics and caring
- Serves on and/or chairs agency committees, focus groups, etc as necessary.
The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s responsibilities and essential functions require the following physical demands: sitting, standing, some lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling (i.e. wheelchairs, transfers, moving groceries/supplies, etc); some climbing and balancing (i.e. stairs, assisting people walking with gait belts, etc), some stooping, kneeling, crouching, and/or crawling; and significant fine finger dexterity.
- Minimum of 1 year of college education in human services or closely related field, OR
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in the human services field, OR
- Any combination of education, experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities. Supervisory experience is preferred.
- Valid driver’s license and evidence of insurability.
- Must be able to successfully complete agency driver’s training course.
- Applicant must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test prior to employment. Employees are subject to testing per Aspire, Inc.’s Drug Free Workplace Policy.
- Employees must successfully complete all required agency training.